Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Logan? Generally, there are three significant sectors of your residence for video surveillance: your front door, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. While your installation team will be able to recommend where you should begin, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Defend Your Front Door
Even though it might seem absurd that an intruder would make an effort to simply walk in primary entrance, 34% of invasions happen at this obvious access point. You can also count porch pirates among other risks to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to tackle these concerns with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you have the ability to chat with all guests who approach and ring the bell. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to all engagements with 2-way talk and live video and appear to be at home. When someone begins doing something criminal, you are able to have your video doorbell automatically document the event on video and deliver it to your mobile phone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your External Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras outside your residence is often a difficult assignment. Thankfully, there are a handful of recommendations to make sure you’re safeguarded appropriately.
- The corners of your Logan home offer a better field-of-view, seeing two sections of your yard.
- Position underneath an eave or straight into a piece of siding or exterior trim are ideal locations for cameras as they will be partially concealed by your home.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing access point for invaders than you’d think!
- Overlooking a back porch or sliding door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the street.
In each of these spots, be sure to prune any overgrown plants or trees that might obstruct your ability to see clearly.
Recommendations To Get The Most From Your In-Home Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your home in Logan. However, the added adaptability results in there being more factors to think about:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are down and latched, the sunshine that enters via a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your surveillance footage. Aim the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Just like a guard tower, a video camera located in a higher spot will produce a more panoramic view. You might situate your cameras on top of bookshelves or affixed to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t be able to protect you if it’s damaged or destroyed. Set your indoor units in locations where children or pets aren’t able to tamper with them. You could try mounting or other ways to secure them to be certain they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best video camera won’t help you much if you have a plant in the way. But it’s important to note, interior decor and plant life also have the ability to conceal your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the ideal plan for your complete residence -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (435) 393-6672 or complete the following form to get started.