Home security cameras can simply be placed as a deterrent—a sign that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, modern security cameras come armed with a number of tools all built to enable total protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and fast action motion sensors, these features enable you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Logan.
How To Set Up Your Logan Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is mounting them in the proper areas around your house. Indoor security cameras should be placed in frequented areas like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good move to set a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to enter through to access the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras work best to afford a clear sightline of your porch, drive, and backyard, garage, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front door with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas around your house that are less important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Seclusion for you and your family ought to be a primary concern prior to placing a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you want some type of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Video Surveillance
Component placement is only the foundation for getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Logan. The additions described below help to elevate security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant messages on your mobile device the instant unusual motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when movements are discovered which helps add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your security cameras to film and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- 2-way talk: The majority of today’s security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to chat with people with the unit. Via your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that provide at least 120° angle lens or that are able to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that will produce footage of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to notify you of movement taking place on your yard or your patio and overlook traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant alerts when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Logan is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system is elevated from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (435) 393-6672 or submit the form below to get started personalizing your home security system today.